As the world increasingly embraces digital transformation and digitalization, one of the biggest industries that have come to the forefront is the Machine Learning industry. Machine Learning technologies have become an indispensable part of this modern world. This is a growing industry with a lot of scope for young individuals and even professionals looking for a new career path to dive in.
According to reports, the Machine Learning market is expected to grow from 140 billion U.S. dollars to 2 trillion U.S. dollars by 2030, making it a lucrative career choice in 2023. There is a favorable scenario in India for aspiring professionals and skilled experts.
As per the reports by Gartner, in 2023, Machine Learning will penetrate various industries and business fields, increasing the employability of ML professionals. Machine learning is one of the industries in the U.K. with the biggest number of startups, making it a highly sought-after career path.
The field of Machine Learning is expanding daily due to the development of artificial intelligence, which is an application of this technology. This article will also cover the best high-paying Machine Learning jobs that one can follow in 2023.
How Machine Learning Touch Our Everyday Life
Machine Learning is not limited to big industries and fancy businesses. It has made its way into our daily lives. And with each passing day, it is becoming more significant in our daily lives. It is a branch of artificial intelligence that allows computers to learn from, evaluate, and examine data to spot patterns and trends. Here are some of how Machine Learning has impacted our lives:
- Virtual Assistants such as Siri and Alexa.
- Email and Spam Filtering to spam out unnecessary emails.
- Smart Home Devices like smart speakers and security systems.
- Navigation and Traffic Predictions apps like Google Maps.
- Health and Fitness Trackers and Apps to monitor health, daily activities, and diet
- Image Recognition is used in identifying faces, and diseases with medical images, etc.
- Language Translation apps are used to translate multiple languages.
- Autonomous Vehicles, even at an early stage, can make commuting to places easy and fast.
Top Jobs in Machine Learning with Highest Salaries
Even though Machine Learning has emerged as a top-notch career choice, it is important to understand the job prospects and the financial compensation of the jobs. As salary is one of the most important deciding factors when choosing a career, this section will let you explore that aspect.
- Machine Learning Engineer: An expert individual with a focus on designing, developing, and applying Machine Learning models and algorithms to address challenging issues encountered by many industries and enterprises is known as a machine learning engineer. Some expertise required in Machine Learning Engineer jobs are command of programming languages like Python, R, and Java, knowledge of machine learning libraries (like TensorFlow), and a strong foundation in mathematics.
Machine Learning Engineers can work across various industries and get well-compensated for their job role. For instance, the average salary of a Machine Learning Engineer in India is ₹8,95,000 per annum, and in the U.S. the average annual salary is $109,078 and £54,270 in the U.K.
- Data Scientist: Data Scientists are expert professionals specializing in analyzing and interpreting complex data sets to drive decision-making, develop predictive models, and create data-driven solutions. They are proficient in Machine Learning techniques, statistical analysis, and data visualization tools to extract informed insights from huge unstructured data.
These skilled professionals have job prospects in various sectors such as finance, healthcare, etc. The annual average salary of a Data Scientist in India is ₹12,00,000, and the average salary of a Data Scientist in the U.S. is $103,850 and £55,320 in the U.K.
- Research Scientist: As the name suggests, AI/ML research scientists conduct new and edgy research in artificial intelligence and Machine Learning. They are skilled professionals who work in academic and industrial research institutions. They are responsible for developing new technologies, techniques, and models to make new inventions to solve complex problems.
These researchers come from a strong mathematical background and have proficiency in statistics and programming languages like Python. The annual average salary of a Machine Learning Researcher in India is around ₹16,00,000; in the U.S., it is around $144,420 and £59,180 in the U.K.
- Machine Learning Solutions Architect: The job of a Machine Learning Solutions Architect is to design and implement end-to-end Machine Learning solutions. They are also responsible for integrating ML models into production systems to enhance scalability and efficiency. They usually collaborate with data scientists and engineers to develop customized Machine Learning applications.
These experts specialized in machine learning frameworks, cloud computing, and programming languages. The average salary of an ML Solutions Architect in India is around ₹30,51,890 per annum, and in the U.S., it is around $122,180 and £75,410 in the U.K.
- AI Product Manager: AI Product Manager is a lucrative career choice in this field. AI Product Managers typically work in collaboration with engineers and data scientists. Their primary work is product requirements, developing roadmaps, and coordinating resources.
These professionals are experts in project management, Machine Learning proficiency, and strong communication skills. The average salary of an AI Product Manager in India is around ₹26,78,330; in the U.S. it is around $183,000 and £61,950 in the U.K.
- NLP Engineer: Natural Language Processing Engineering, also known as NLP Engineering, is one of the most well-liked job pathways in the machine learning sector. It has wide job prospects across various industries like technology, healthcare, and customer service. NLP Engineers specialize in creating algorithms and models to understand, analyze, and generate human language in text or speech form.
These professionals are experts in NLP techniques, machine learning algorithms, and programming languages like Python and Java. The annual average salary of an NLP Engineer in India is around ₹8,15,920; in the U.S., it is around $155,750 and £56,613 in the U.K.
Top Online Machine Learning Courses
You can avail many online courses and training programs. These courses are for more than just young aspirants or even professionals looking for programs to upskill themselves. Online courses are viable options as they are accessible, cost-effective and flexible. These programs and courses are for individuals who are looking for entry level Machine Learning jobs, career change, gain a deep understanding of Machine Learning, and understand the application of ML in various industries.
Here are some online courses and Machine Learning training programs that learners can consider:
- 6-Hour Live Training on Supervised Machine Learning for Data Science For Beginners and Professionals: This course will allow the learners to learn Machine Learning in a simplistic and detailed manner. You will dive into Supervised Machine Learning Algorithms and get an overview of Unsupervised Learning via this course. You will have skills like Supervised Learning, Python Programming, Data Science, and Machine Learning skills. This course is best suited for beginners and experts who want a proper Machine Learning guide.
- Python for Data Analytics and Machine Learning Bootcamp: This course covers the basic and advanced understanding of Python, data exploration, data visualization, descriptive analytics, and predictive analytics techniques. Learners will also learn how to import and export data using Python, data structures in Python, and other statistical concepts.
Machine Learning is a dynamic field, and there are advantages of Machine Learning skills in 2023. With so many emerging technologies, and industries embracing digital transformation, an in-depth understanding of Machine Learning Fundamentals will be beneficial.
But to excel in any of these fields mentioned above, it is crucial to keep up with the current trends and network with skilled professionals. So take the first step today in building your career in Machine Learning by exploring online courses and comprehensive guides. 2023 is the best time to join in the trend and pursue jobs in Machine Learning.